liquid

Friday, October 21, 2005

Bet, Moron

liquid's YTD: $3906.71

I've been running g00t recently, but I can't find much in the way of exciting, interesting hands to post -- just a steady stream of small dull wins. Even the rare big pots are boring.

One thing I'm working on is upping my betting frequency. I'm trying to reduce the number of "BET THIS YOU IDIOT" notes I make to myself. With practice it's getting easier to identify opportunities where before there were only scare cards and mediocre holdings. Occasionally I berate myself for wasting chips on silly bets, but for the most part I'm getting good value taking down modest pots like these:

I'm on the button with AJc53; flop is 279 with two clubs. MP min-bets (scoff!), CO calls, I raise just under pot, MP folds, CO calls. Turn is another 9, CO checks, I bet just under pot, CO folds.

I'm on the button with AKcQ7s; flop is 6K8 with two spades. Three checks, MP bets half pot, four folds, I raise just under pot, everyone folds.

I'm in MP with 9TJK and call a PFR from LP; flop is 3K2 with two spades. I have no spades. Two EP checks to me, I check, LP bets $2 into a $13 pot, EPs fold, I raise to $7, LP calls. Turn is an offsuit Q, I bet $12, LP folds.

I'm not going nutty trying to force action. I still don't play a lot of hands, and sometimes I go an hour or more without getting involved in anything. But when I am involved, taking the lead seems to help more than it hurts. For now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home