napalm

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Tina, you fat lard, come get some DINNER!... Tina, eat. Food. Eat the FOOD!

Napalm's YTD: $14,250

$100 buy in NLHE on Hollywoodpoker.com

I have $206 and Foe has $287.

Foe makes it $3 from the SB, and 3 other people call.

Flop is J 8 6 of clubs.

Pot is now $12. Foe bets $12, everyone folds to me, i raise to $24, foe calls. The pot is now $48.

Turn is the 10 of diamonds.

Foe checks, I bet another $24, foe calls making the pot $96.

River is the 10 of clubs.

Foe wakes up and bets $25 into a $96 pot.

I raise to $60 and foe calls making the pot $216.

At that point foe had about $176 in his stack and I had $119.

Question of the week:

What did I have, what did Foe have, and why am I a bonehead?

5 Comments:

Blogger liquid said...

Since you min-raised the flop, and since you only post about moronic foes, and since you are a bonehead who leaves money on the table on a paired-board river, I will say you had Ac5c, and foe had his signature KQ not-suited hand with one suit being clubs.

11:15 AM  
Blogger napalm said...

Nope, wanna try again?

11:18 AM  
Blogger liquid said...

Naw man, you didn't river a boat.

Ooooh, you did river a boat. Pre-flop was the only thing that threw me -- what would you limp/call with from late position? You would totally do that with a mid/small pocket pair.

11:37 AM  
Blogger napalm said...

If I had JJ preflop, I would have reraised in position. Hint - i may have had a creative hand.

11:43 AM  
Blogger liquid said...

I was thinking 88/66, JJ would be moronic even for you.

Regardless of whether you had 88, 66, or 9c7c, what's boneheaded about your river bet? Foe's 1/4-pot bet is puzzling, though I'd read it as either (a) a blocking bet for a hand that he'll release if you push, or (b) an enticement for you to raise so that he can push. I'm fuzzy on your fancy hold-em strategery though.

11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home