liquid

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Making Lemonade

liquid's YTD: $3032.24

A couple of people on my mental buddy list were sitting at a $100 table on PokerRoom, so I joined in. Sure enough, I get involved with Buddy #1 on the first hand.

Omaha Hi $1-$1 PL (real money)

Seat 1: Buddy (Button, $103.75)
Seat 5: Hero (B2, $100) [4s 6d Jc 2c]

ANTES/BLINDS
B1 posts $1, Hero posts $1.

PRE-FLOP
UTG calls $1, UTG+1 folds, MP calls $1, CO folds, Buddy calls $1, B1 checks, Hero checks.

FLOP [Td Jd 6c]
B1 checks, Hero bets $3, UTG calls $3, MP calls $3, Buddy calls $3, B1 folds.

TURN [3h]
Hero bets $12, UTG folds, MP folds, Buddy calls $12.

RIVER [2d]


My first thought is to throw out $20, but based on past observations Buddy is on some ropey draw or another -- hopefully not the flush draw. A busted straight draw is possible, in which case I can count on a bluff.

Hero checks, Buddy bets $12.


I wasn't expecting a bet that low. This actually has me worried.

Hero calls $12.

SHOWDOWN
Buddy shows [9h Qd Kh 6s]
Hero shows [4s 6d Jc 2c]
Hero wins $63.


Whew.

I heart winning with garbage.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home