liquid

Monday, September 19, 2005

Blame Game

liquid's YTD: $2547.69

I was the big donator at the tables yesterday. Short stacks in particular were lining up to double through me. By the time I finally gave up, I had posted my biggest single-day loss: $170. To entertain Napalm, here is a sampling of what I endured. Have fun considering each hand from foe's perspective.

I bet the nut straight on the flop. Short stack goes all-in on non-nut flush draw and hits on river. (This one is routine. Just a small omen of what lay ahead.)

I call a PFR in LP with 3456ss. 778 flop checks around. Turn is 5; checks around to me. I bet 1/2 pot and get a caller from EP. Turn is a worst-case-scenario 7 and my straight is worthless; EP bets and I fold.

Flop is 334. I bet out with 358A and am called by short stack LP. Turn is Qh for a two-flush; I put short stack all-in. River is third heart; short stack wins with 5667 with two hearts.

Flop is 234 with two hearts. I bet out with nut flush draw and am called in LP. Turn is an offsuit 5 and I bet again; LP re-raises pot (gutshot? wouldn't he raise the flop with a made hand and a redraw?) and I fold.

I am in BB with 9943. Flop of KKJ checks around. Turn is 9 and I bet out with underfull. Called in LP by short stack who is nearly all-in. River is Q; short stack wins with QQxx.

All the money is in PF. I have AA95ss. Foe #1 has AAK3ss. Foe #2 has... QJT2r. Board comes J5TT6.

Flop is J44 with two clubs. I bet pot with AK54 and am called in one position. Turn is 9; check-check. I bet an 8c river and am called by a flush draw with no 4s.

I call a PFR with AKQ5. Raiser bets weakly at a Q82 rainbow flop; I call (bad play, raise or fold here). Turn brings another 2; I bet half-pot and raiser calls. River is 9, check-check. Raiser's 9TJK wins with rivered straight.

Flop is 96Q with two clubs. I bet out with nut flush draw and am called in two places. Turn makes my flush; I bet 3/4 pot and get one caller. River pairs the board and I fold to bet.

The cumulative effect of hands like these was frustrating, but I donked off a good chunk of my losses myself in two early, ugly hands. Pitiful hand #1:

I raise PF with QdQcJhTh on the button and am called in two places. Flop of 6s8hKh checks to me; I bet pot and am called in one position. Turn is 7 and foe bets 1/2 pot. I call like a donkey thinking I have flush outs and three remaining nines (assuming foe has the fourth). River is 5h; foe goes all-in and I stick with my turn decision and call. Foe has a nightmarish Ah9c8d2h for the turned nut straight with nut flush redraw.

Much, much worse is pitiful hand #2, where I take the worst possible line on EVERY SINGLE STREET:

I am UTG+2 with AcAhJc8s. UTG+1 raises 3BB. I call, as do two others. Flop is AsJh9s. Raiser bets pot. I call like an idiot. (This hurts just thinking about it.) The others fold. Turn is 5s. Raiser checks. I check like an idiot. River is Ks. Raiser checks. I bet pot like an idiot. Raiser calls with Qh8dTdTs for a well-earned rivered straight.

Obviously, I can only blame so much on variance.

1 Comments:

Blogger napalm said...

"Flop is 234 with two hearts. I bet out with nut flush draw and am called in LP. Turn is an offsuit 5 and I bet again; LP re-raises pot (gutshot? wouldn't he raise the flop with a made hand and a redraw?) and I fold."

- Why not call here and do some sucking out yourself? Bad odds?

"I am in BB with 9943. Flop of KKJ checks around. Turn is 9 and I bet out with underfull. Called in LP by short stack who is nearly all-in. River is Q; short stack wins with QQxx."

- Army of Retards

"All the money is in PF. I have AA95ss. Foe #1 has AAK3ss. Foe #2 has... QJT2r. Board comes J5TT6."

- You got it in with the second best hand anyway, so stfu.;-)

"Flop is J44 with two clubs. I bet pot with AK54 and am called in one position. Turn is 9; check-check. I bet an 8c river and am called by a flush draw with no 4s."

- turn check? tisk tisk tisk. No reason to think you are beat here. You may have gave that one away.

"Flop is 96Q with two clubs. I bet out with nut flush draw and am called in two places. Turn makes my flush; I bet 3/4 pot and get one caller. River pairs the board and I fold to bet."

- PUKE, call baby call, be the donkey, FEEL the donkey...

- Overall it seems like you took some hits early, then turned in to tight weak man.

12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home