liquid

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Happy Anniversary

liquid's YTD: $2698.18

One year ago today, I played real-money online poker for the first time, taking second in a $5+$1 NL Hold'em Sit & Go on PokerRoom. It was downhill from there for a while. I started with a $100 deposit, played a bunch of low-stakes NL HE tourneys and tables, and nearly flushed my puny bankroll away within about six weeks. Yes, I suck at Texas Hold'em.

Then in November, I discovered Omaha. I managed to grind out some winnings at the $0.25-$0.50 limit Omaha tables on PokerRoom, getting $150 into the black by the end of the year.

In February 2005 I started dabbling at the pot-limit Omaha tables. For a few weeks, if I lost a big pot or did something stupid, I'd punish myself by going back to the limit tables until I'd recouped my losses. Cruel but very effective.

By March I was at the PLO tables to stay, and it's been an interesting ride since then. Lowlights include a two and a half month stretch of going nowhere. More recently things are looking up.

So after a rocky start, my $100 deposit has grown to $2954.24 at the one year mark. I can live with that.

1 Comments:

Blogger napalm said...

and in the summer of 06, you won the $5000 PLO WSOP Championship, therefore taking $100 and turning it into $250,000

1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home