liquid

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Stars Wars: Episode IV

liquid's YTD: $5029.51

My past experiences on Poker Stars have not been good. But last week, I decided to take a shot at a clearing a couple of bonuses I have stacked over there. Brace yourselves kids.

This time around I've played the $100 PLO tables exclusively. After the first two days I was up $200, and had nearly wiped out all of my Stars losses from earlier this year. All is rosy! Then the next day I lost $100. Then I won the $100 back... before tallying almost $300 in successive losses. The hate began to burn in my belly again. But now I've won the $300 back. So whatever. I am numb to it all.

Anyway, there have been several interesting hands, but I'm too lazy to go digging through them right now, so here are a couple from last night that are fresh in my memory.

The first hand is for Napalm, since I'd just told him yesterday afternoon that I almost never run an outright bluff.

Omaha Pot Limit ($0.50/$1)

Seat 1: Hero (CO, $96.50) [Jc Tc Qc Td]
Seat 3: Foe (SB, $48.15)

ANTES/BLINDS
Foe posts small blind ($0.50), BB posts big blind ($1).

PRE-FLOP
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $1, MP3 folds, Hero calls $1, Button calls $1, Foe raises to $5, BB folds, MP2 folds, Hero calls $5, Button folds.

($14) FLOP [8s 6h 4h]
Foe checks, Hero bets $10, Foe calls $10.

($34) TURN [8s 6h 4h 5d]
Foe checks, Hero bets $32.15 (= foe's remaining stack), Foe folds.


This is why I'm not raising pre-flop much these days. There's always some scumbag looking to steal a raised pot.

Karma evened the score a few hands later.

Omaha Pot Limit ($0.50/$1)

Seat 1: Hero (MP1, $113.80) [Qc Qs 8c Ah]
Seat 5: Foe (Button, $49.25)

ANTES/BLINDS
SB posts blind ($0.50), BB posts blind ($1).

PRE-FLOP
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls $1, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO calls $1, Foe calls $1, SB folds, BB checks.

($4.50) FLOP [6d Qd 5s]
BB checks, Hero bets $4, CO folds, Foe calls $4, BB folds.

($12.50) TURN [6d Qd 5s 3h]


Now of all the straight and flush draws that were out there on the flop, the 7-high straight is one of the least likely. Foe wouldn't call the flop with 74xx, would he, unless xx completed a bigger wrap? Only a 3 on the turn would give him the nuts. So I decide to go all fancy.

Hero checks, Foe bets $8, Hero raises $16 to $24, Foe raises $20.25 to $44.25 and is all-in.


Oops. And of course I didn't consider foe's stack very carefully, so now I have to call.

Hero calls $20.25.


Time to suck out!

($98) RIVER [6d Qd 5s 3h Th]


Or not.

Foe shows [7c 4c 9d Ad].


Note: You don't have to bother raising your nut flush + open-ended straight draws on the flop when I am more than willing to pay you off after you hit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home