liquid

Thursday, November 03, 2005

Higher Ground

liquid's YTD: $4357.91

I'm playing the $100 PLO tables this week. Initially they seemed much more aggressive than the $50 tables, but I've since discovered that my first few sessions included a couple of folks who just push the action a lot more than the others. When those folks aren't around, the tables have been as loose-passive as the typical $50 table.

I've gotten pushed around a little, leaked a little more, collected one big pot on a redraw that hit, and in the end managed to scrape enough modest pots to break even for the week. The YTD chart has definitely flattened out as a result, but s'all good. I anticipated having to shell out some cash to learn a new level, so for now I'm happy with breaking even.

Plus, in reviewing my hands, I've noticed that my legitimate hands are few and far between. Case in point: I played a single table this evening for more than two hours, and ended the session up a whopping $2.60. I noted all of four non-trivial wins:

1. I limp with Kd 4c 3s As on the button. Flop is Qd Jd Ah and checks around. Turn is 3h and I donkey it up by calling a weak $3 bet (along with two others) with my spiffy top and bottom pair. River is Ac and checks to me; I bet $7 and get two callers (one with trip aces and the other with pocket Qs for an underfull). Depressingly, this was my best hand of the night, and the only one I showed down.

2. I call an EP raise to $4 with 9d 5c Kd Kc in MP, along with two others. Flop of 8d Jd 4s is checked to me, and I bet $10 into a $17 pot with the second nut flush draw. Button calls; others fold. Turn is 4h; I bet $25; button folds.

3. I limp in CO with Ah 3h Ks Jc. Flop is 2s Jh 9s; checks to me; I bet pot. EP caller; everyone else folds. Turn is Kc; EP checks; I bet pot; EP folds.

4. I limp in MP with 9s Tc Ad Kh. Flop is 4c Qs Kd and checks around. Turn is 9d; I lead with a half-pot bet; one caller behind. River is 5s; I bet half pot; foe folds.

There's a good chance I had the best hand each time, but it sure would be nice to splash around with something more than two pair once in a while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home