liquid

Monday, April 18, 2005

A Gift From The Poker Gods

liquid's YTD: $836.99

After blowing through $20 on some fun-n-loose play to start the evening, I decided to (a) tighten up considerably and (b) play two tables. For me, multi-tabling and tighter play go together like Halliburton and Iraq, so it's all good.

Shortly thereafter I stumbled into a rare and beautiful free-roll, in a raised pot no less:

$25 PL Omaha Hi - Monday, April 18, 22:12:51 EDT 2005
Table 36658 (Real Money)

Seat 1: Hero (MP3, $20.85)
Seat 5: Foe (BB, $24.50)

Dealt to Hero [Td 8c 7c 7s]
UTG folds.
UTG+1 calls [$0.25].
UTG+2 folds.
MP1 folds.
MP2 calls [$0.25].
Hero calls [$0.25].
CO folds.
Button raises [$1.6].


Standard button raise by an aggressive player. I'm in.

SB folds.
Foe calls [$1.35].
UTG+1 calls [$1.35].
MP2 calls [$1.35].
Hero calls [$1.35].

** Dealing Flop ** [7d, 9c, 6c]


A dream flop for hero! Nut straight, middle set, open-ended straight flush draw. Golly!

Foe bets [$6].
UTG+1 folds.
MP2 calls [$6].


Better and better. Unfortunately, I have to charge a min raise here, so I may lose MP2.

Hero raises [$12].
Button folds.
Foe is all-In.
MP2 folds.
Hero is all-In.


Crud, the multiple re-raises chase off MP2. So it looks like I'm free-rolling against someone who wants to get his money in while he still has the best hand...

** Dealing Turn ** [ 6s ]


...which is not long.

** Dealing River ** [ 4h ]
Hero shows [Td 8c 7c 7s] a full house, Sevens full of sixes.
Foe shows [4s Th 8h 8s] a straight, six to ten.
Foe wins $3.65 from side pot #1 with a straight, six to ten.
Hero wins $50 from the main pot with a full house, Sevens full of sixes.


Only downside was that my failure to reload cost me $3.65.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home