liquid

Sunday, April 03, 2005

'Ere, He Says He's Not Dead

liquid's YTD: $603.45

I'm getting better. I don't want to go in the cart. I feel fine.


I went back to very sparing play over the weekend -- 90 minutes yesterday morning; 90 minutes this morning; 30 minutes this evening -- and made $110, which thankfully wipes out Friday night's losses. In general I just hit and ran, cashing out of sessions after taking a few decent pots. I am a wuss.

The morning play was a pleasant change. I sleep better when I don't go straight from a game to bed.

No terribly interesting hands. Taken by itself, the biggest win of the weekend was straightforward:

Omaha Hi $0.50-$1 PL (real money), hand #788,xxx,xxx
Table Alhambra, 3 Apr 2005 09:35 AM

Seat 2: Foe (MP2, $39 in chips)
Seat 9: Hero [QS,AC,6D,AH] (UTG+1, $58.25 in chips)

ANTES/BLINDS
SB posts blind ($0.25), BB posts blind ($0.50).

PRE-FLOP
UTG folds, Hero calls $0.50, MP1 calls $0.50, Foe calls $0.50, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button calls $0.50, SB calls $0.25, BB checks.

FLOP [board cards 4H,AD,QD ]
SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $3, MP1 folds, Foe calls $3, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds.

TURN [board cards 4H,AD,QD,9S ]
Hero bets $9, Foe bets $20, Hero bets $45.75 and is all-in, Foe calls $15.50 and is all-in.

RIVER [board cards 4H,AD,QD,9S,6H ]

SHOWDOWN
Hero shows [ QS,AC,6D,AH ]
Foe shows [ QH,2C,QC,7D ]
Hero wins $19.25, Hero wins $77.


More notable is the context of the session. In talking with foe afterwards, this hand apparently succeeded due to (a) several pre-flop raises from me on previous hands (in middle-to-late position), plus (b) no pre-flop raise from me on this hand (in early position). Foe understandably put me on a flush draw or two pair, discounting my disguised top set. I might have played the hand the same way if I were foe, though more likely I would have raised my middle set on the flop to try to get more info.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home