liquid

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Look Who's Eating At 6:00

liquid's YTD: $6038.36

Vegas was a blast. I won't be a regular at the limit HE games online, but live play is a whole different story. The games downtown were especially fun and loose, and the characters at all the tables were hilarious. Some highlights:

The table-coach youngster at the Wynn 4-8 going limp with TPTK when Napalm got aggressive with his flush draw in position. Napalm hit on the river of course, triggering a stream of surly comments over the next half-hour.

The Jack Klompus sound- and look-alike (complete with track suit) at the Mirage 3-6. Eventually we were all talking like Del Boca Vista residents. "I've ridden in Cadillacs hundreds of times... thousands!"

The LAG from Ireland at the MGM 4-8 half-kill. I tried playing back at him when I could, without a lot of success. But we still had fun yelling comments to each other. (The MGM room is very noisy, and we were on opposite ends of the table.) I thanked him on my way out for making the game interesting.

The cowboy to my right at the Golden Nugget 4-8 who limped with KK, flopped a set, and never put in a raise until he boated up on the river. As he scooped his modest pot, he leaned over to me and confided, "Let's put it this way. This ain't my first rodeo!" He started racking up soon thereafter. Several of us convinced him to stay a few more orbits.

The 4-8 rock star at the Wynn, handling his cards and chips with his left hand while his right arm stayed draped around his bystander girlfriend. He managed to get into several nit-fights with the dealer over showing cards and bet sizes. A joy at the table.

I also enjoyed donking it up with Napalm whenever we got heads-up. Unfortunately he usually showed up with a hand. The best by far was capping on a 689 flop, getting a few more bets in on the turn and river, only to have Napalm show J9 vs. my J8. Bastard. I finally hit a big hand and I'm up against the cooler.

I ended the trip $518 up. I'll be back.

1 Comments:

Blogger napalm said...

Classic times. One of the best trips ever.

"Hey Morty, you think your too good for us don't you?"

9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home