liquid

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Ain't We Lucky We Got 'Em

liquid's YTD: $5010.49

After an ignominious start, I ended up on an unusual heater last night.

First, the ugly. UTG and UTG+1 limp, I limp with QQ54ds, CO and button limp. Short-stacked idiot in BB raises pot to $7.50 with only $4 behind. UTG folds, UTG+1 calls. Easy isolation re-raise for me, but I choose the worst option and call (?). CO calls, and button naturally re-raises pot. Idiot calls, UTG+1 folds, I push at completely the wrong time, CO thinks for a while and calls. Button calls. I cover everyone. I go on to flop a flush, but CO, who apparently didn't want to be in the pre-flop lotto to begin with, flops a better flush. Poor decisions by me, although a decent side pot reduced my losses.

A couple hands later I flopped the nut flush, called an EP bet, then got it all in on the turn vs. the K-high flush for a $150 pot, with no pre-flop raise. This was a goooood table.

The very next hand, I limp UTG+1 with Ah8h65. Flop is Q54 with two hearts. BB bets $3, I raise to $11, BB calls. Turn is an offsuit 7, giving me the nut straight with a nut flush redraw. BB bets pot, I put him all in, and he shows bottom set. River doesn't pair the board, I win.

Later I raise in CO with QJJTss and get called by three foes, including the idiot from the first hand. Flop is 3K9 with two of my suit. Checks to me, I bet pot, idiot min-check-raises, leaving $3.60 behind (??), I put him in. He has 6433 rainbow. Nice hand! Turn pairs the king and he wins.

A couple hands later UTG raises pot, I call with AK66ss (meh, kind of iffy), two others call, including (of course) the idiot. Flop is 693r, PFRer bets $10, I raise pot to $43.80, idiot again min-check-raises, leaving $0.40 behind (???), PFRer folds, I put idiot all in for a total pot of $177. Idiot shows 6788, turns his straight, but the river pairs the board, and he gives me all my money back. Man does he choose some weird times to check-raise.

Very next hand, I limp UTG with 789Tds, a few others limp, BB min-raises, everyone calls. Flop of 382r checks around. Turn is a T, putting two diamonds on the board. (I have no diamonds.) PFRer bets pot, I raise just under pot, everyone else folds, PFRer calls. River is an 8, PFRer checks, I bet 1/2 pot, PFRer calls and shows AdAQd4 for the turned NFD and rivered two pair. I read hands g00t.

Very next hand (!!), I check in BB with AQ96. I flop broadway, bet pot, get called by short stack with about $25 behind. Turn is a blank, I bet pot, shortie raises all in, I call. River is an A, shortie shows flopped three pair, I scoop. Three nice pots in a row! I can't remember that happening before.

Likewise, I can't recall getting so much good action on one table. Felt pretty freaky, especially compared to the usual grind-grind-grind. Sure hope my heater continues in Vegas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home