napalm

Thursday, June 30, 2005

Napalm on Tour Part 1

Napalm's YTD: $12,554

(notice my winning tally is that same as It was on my June 7th post.)

It all started out sitting traffic for 3 hours about 2 miles away from Tahoe Harrah’s. Some group of geniuses decided to pave the road on a Friday night in the middle of busy season.

When we got to the hotel, we found out that they didn’t have poker and had to go to an adjacent property, Harvey’s, to get some card action.

I sat down to play some $2 $4 limit and walked away with about $100. $2 $4 is way below my normal limit, but the buddy I was with had a light bankroll and had to make it last 12 days.

What a crazy game. It’s just like Bingo, but not as fun. Still I played it for 2 more days and came away up about $300. This would inevitably set me up for large-scale failure later in the trip in Vegas.

I also played in a $40 rebuy tournament at Harvey’s a couple of days later and finished 12th out of 60. I got super aggressive and built a nice stack early, but it didn’t hold when the cold cards came and I couldn’t win a coin flip. (I lost three, foreshadowing of EVIL things to come)

We flew to Vegas Friday night and went straight to Binion’s to play $2 $4. Needless to say, I lost my royal ass in about 45 min to people that:

1 – Didn’t know what beat what
2 – Didn’t speak English or any form of recognizable human language
3 – Literally retarded
4 – First time playing the Hold ‘em EVER

The cool thing about Binion’s is that they have three tournaments a day and one of them starts at 2 AM. So I am ALL about that. $70 buy in, one rebuy and one ad on for $50 each.

I start off in my normal Rebuy tournament aggressive mode, pick up some nice chips early, get AQ, raise preflop, call an All In for about half my remaining stack,, up against AJ, J on the flop, lose.

Get 88 in the BB, reraise against a short stack, and get called by A 10, 10 on the flop, lose.

Get JJ on the BB, reraise All In against the table chip leader, and get called, against AJ. Someone at the table announces that he folded an Ace. Good, only 2 outs to go, Ace on the flop, I am out.

Two no luck tournaments and one bad session of $2 $4, no big deal, right?

Wrong………

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home