liquid

Sunday, June 12, 2005

Freerolls Aren't Always Free

liquid's YTD: $1084.08

I encountered three (!) freeroll scenarios yesterday, with mixed results.

#1: Flop is 3c6d4h, and I jam with 9c8s7h5h -- nut straight with improved straight redraws and a backdoor flush draw. Turn and river bring hearts... and foe shows down 8h7c6c6h to beat my flush by a pip. Note that foe didn't even have the straight, although his draw was impressive enough that it would have been a favorite against a bare straight. Frustrating.

#2: Flop is T89, and I jam with KQJ8. Foe shows identical KQJx nut straight with redraw.

#3: Flop is T97, and I jam with KJ87. Turn brings the queen, foe continues to pay off with unimproved jack-high straight, and hero finally cashes in on a decent pot!

So of my three "freerolls," one is delusive, one is dead, and one is legitimate, and it all ends in a wash.

Omaha is a funny game.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home