liquid

Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Ugly But Profitable

liquid's YTD: $368.45

Not a pretty night.

Weakly played a set of kings on the flop, letting pocket aces catch up on the turn. Miraculously I only lost $10.

Later I played a wonderful nut straight with the nut flush draw as poorly as could possibly be played. To cap it off I called down an obvious full house when the board paired on the river. Somehow I only lost $5 on that one, thanks to my painfully weak play earlier in the hand.

Poor, weak decisions do not equal restraint.

A fortuitous suck-out helped salvage a winning night. I had 96JJ and position and raised pre-flop. On a QJ6 flop, foe (who started the hand with $21.50 to my $58.50) potted. I re-raised to put the rest of his chips in. He had 8QQ6. My outs were a back-door straight and flush, and I got the straight: TK. Despite the suck-out, I don't mind my play here, considering the size of foe's stack.

But again, not a pretty night. I now have an undeserved run of seven profitable nights.

2 Comments:

Blogger napalm said...

I saw you play for like 15 min, i ditched right after you, I lost a dollar.

Napalm

11:39 PM  
Blogger napalm said...

Just $1,131.55 away form the WSOP.

YOU CAN DO IT BABY.

11:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home