napalm

Friday, March 11, 2005

Welcome to Napalm's blog of poker pain

Napalm's YTD: $5,055.25

I play poker 16 hours a day, seven days a week, have a real full time job, a wife and two dogs. How do I fit it all in? I summon the ultimate power of Napalm (and GraySkull, of course) , say the magic words, Mecca Lecca Hi, Mecca Hinie Ho, and poof, there you have it. Poker Time for all.

There is one very bad side effect of playing so much, the bad beats come hard and fast and sometimes make my head spin. You will hear a lot more about those in the coming weeks.

I mainly play in tournaments, live and online. PokerStars is my friend, Pokeroom has not been lately. I am recently trying to learn PLO from Liquid, but under his wise advisement, lost a $120 pot last night with the third best full house. WTG Liquid.

Lately, I have been cashing in about 60% of the tournaments I play. In my last 7 tournaments, I have been to the final table 3 times with a 3rd, 3rd, and 5th place finish. So, I am not real happy , because I NEED to win.

While I was writing this blog, I was playing in a $5 multi table NL HE event on Stars. I was about 60th out of 800. I am in the SB with AK. One small raiser in front of me, I smooth call the raise, looking for a trap later if a A or K hits. the flop comes K Q 4. I check. Dude bets $1200. I reraise $3600. He reraises all in. Now, I am kind of worried about K Q, but I am pot committed at this point, so I call. Even against K Q I have three outs.

Of course, he had AA and the fat lady sang.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home