liquid

Sunday, March 13, 2005

I Don't Know The Meaning Of Restraint

liquid's YTD: $288.20

Two misplays turned what might have been a rewarding two-hour session into a disappointing $3/hr profit venture. I overplayed both (a) a bare top set on the flop with pocket queens after a pre-flop raise, and (b) a semi-bluff with a four-out draw. Guess which one got called?

The latter was particularly misguided. Foe bets $2 into a QsJd3s flop. Foe is a demonstrated loose cannon, and I re-raise to $6 with top two pair and position. Foe calls. I decide to represent a flush I don't have when foe checks to Ks on the turn: $8. Foe calls. I surrender on a blank river: check check. Foe has... 5hAs3c3h.

So in review, I could have sent the same message with a call on the flop, a please-call-me bet on the turn, and a moderate bet on the river. The river bet might have won the pot for me, and the loss would have been less if the ploy failed.

Must... learn... discipline...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home